Executive Producer Salvatore Alaimo and cameraman Aaron Bannasch recently shot a discussion with Robert Lupton, author of the provocative book Toxic Charity, before his presentation at the Guiding Light Mission’s annual banquet, in Grand Rapids, MI. Lupton courageously questions efforts to help people as described in this description of the book, “Churches and charitable organizations, though good-intentioned, have missed the mark when it comes to serving the poor, creating a toxic form of charity. Lupton says that a better system would be to treat the poor as business partners, empowering them to start businesses, build houses, plan communities, etc.” He is also the Founder and President of FCS Urban Ministries in Atlanta, GA.
In the News
- Producer interviewed on The Michael Chatman Giving Show June 25, 2017
- Free 39-page Educator’s Guide available for higher education June 15, 2017
- What is Philanthropy? targeting higher education market June 14, 2017
- Documentary hits new milestones June 14, 2017
- Documentary makes PBS premiere December 15, 2016