Purchase the film on DVD or Blu-Ray through Indiana University Press. Use the code FMG3XX to receive a special introductory 30% discount. Philanthropy is synonymous with American history, principles, and culture; yet it remains an evolving and largely misunderstood topic. What is Philanthropy? is a feature length documentary (86 minutes) that portrays and discusses the concept of giving within the American context through a critical lens and a variety of perspectives including:
- Mike Farrell, actor known for his roles in M*A*S*H and Providence
- NFL quarterback Alex Smith
- Evelyn Lauder from the Estee’ Lauder Companies
- Civil Rights Leader Dr. William G. Anderson
- Nell Newman, co-founder of Newman’s Own Organics
- US Senator Charles Grassley
- Leading scholars
- Average citizens
Four special features included with the feature length film.
Over 15 scene selections from the main menu.
Subtitles available in:
- English (SDH)